Wednesday, December 5, 2012

November 2012 Results

It wasn't great.  I had two winning weeks and two losing weeks, finishing the month -$17.75.

That's not a big loss, but in general I've been on a long slow downslide, and I started December with a bankroll of just $30.  I'm up a few dollars this month playing only SNGs, but it's taking way too long to get anything going.

I have some difficult decisions to make at the end of this month.  My bankroll is so low that I don't have any business playing MTTs, most of which go off for at least $5.50.  Of course, starting off on a new site with a $50 deposit, I have never had the requisite bankroll of $550 that I should have started off with to play multi-table tournaments on this site.  I had no idea that the tournament choices on Americas Cardroom would be so bad.

The obvious solution would be to forget about MTTs and build a bankroll of $550 playing $1 SNGs.  That would certainly take a long time, but there is another issue.  The best time of the year for any online poker player between is between Christmas and New Years Day.  A lot of workers, college students, and even 18-year-old high school students are on vacation.  It's a once-a-year opportunity to play against players who don't play much, aren't very experienced, and in general aren't very good.  To miss late December MTTs , which are full of weak players as during no other time of the year, is almost unforgiveable.

I always say that there is more than one solution to a problem, but I seem to be stuck in a box with no easy way out.  I'm not going to give up, but it definitely gets discouraging at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment