Sunday, December 16, 2012

My computer is down again.

I'm typing this on my wife's laptop.  Once again, my computer is in the shop because I won't pay whoever locked it (supposedly the FBI) $200 to have it unlocked.  The last time that this happened it was the Department of State.  I never figured out what power Hillary had to fine me.

It's hard to believe the anyone falls for this and actually sends the $200, but I suppose that they wouldn't keep doing this if it didn't work.  When I took it into the shop this time, the guy said, "Oh, another one of those."

What we have here is a classic arms race.  Every time the antivirus companies come up with a defense for this, the criminals change the code slightly and do it again.

It's getting tiresome, not to mention expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment