Monday, December 3, 2012

Clarification of my previous post

In my last post I said that one of the reasons that I'm switching from primarily MTTs to all SNGs, at least in the short term, is because I have a new (and much better) monitor.  I wasn't clear about the connection.  The main reason that I'm switching to SNGs is to reduce variance while my bankroll is so small.  Having a good monitor makes it possible to multitable SNGs, which I couldn't do before, and that makes that makes the switch more practical.

On America's Cardroom, the traffic in both SNGs, and in playable MTTs, is spotty.  MTTs are scheduled for certain times, but the ones that are playable are sometimes several hours apart.  Sit-n-goes, as the name implies, go off whenever enough people sit at the table to get one started, but depending on the time of day, that can take anywhere from a few minutes to (more often) 15 minutes, 30 minutes, or even longer to get started.

Now that I have a decent monitor I can multitable, which matters when I can get two or more SNGs running at the same time.  Usually there is is only MTT at a time that is worth my time to play, so multitabling is much less relevant.

Also, since SNGs go off as soon as they fill up, I can register for two or more at a time, and if one fills in 10 minutes, and the other fills 30 minutes later, then I'll just play both at the same time until one is finished.

I hope that clears things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment