Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Americas Cardroom user complaints, part 1 of 2

HOSTAGE UPDATE:  It's 1119 on Wednesday, and I'm still waiting to get my computer back from Crashmasters.  Last Friday they said that they would try to get it back to me that day.

----------

Americas Cardroom is a mess, and the players know it.  But it's still one of the best available options, because as bad as it is, when players want to make a withdrawal from their poker account, they get their money in a timely manner, usually within a week if they request a paper check, faster if they use a special debit card.

The other sites available to American players may work better and provide more options, but players have reported waiting as long as a month to get their money out.  So players on Americas Cardroom (which is actually a "skin" on the Winning Poker Network) hold their noses and put up with the other problems, knowing that at least they can get their money out when they need it.

In this blog entry I'm cross-posting some of the user complains posted on twoplustwo.com.  Part 2 of 2 will be a reposting of my opinion of some of the problems, as well as my proposed solution.  Most of the comments are fairly short.

Six users speak:

---------------

HAVE THE TIMEBANK KICK IN AUTOMATICALLY FOR GOD'S SAKE. GROW A BRAIN AND STOP MAKING THINGS WORSE.

---------------

I've had my blinds stolen when I late registered for tournaments several times. Generally what happens is I get put at a table with only 1 or 2 other people and for some reason I'm sitting out for just a brief moment, allowing the other players to steal my blinds while I am forced to auto-fold my hand. Generally it's only 30 chips or so but just based on principle it is incredibly annoying.

To the Rep, you asked me which tournament the auto-add on function did not work in. The answer is about half of them. The option simply goes away even when I had it checked. Other people in the chat complain about it too, so this is not an isolated incident. It only started happening after your update.

---------------

You guys are on the right track whenever you carbon copy anything pokerstars does (rewards/cashout times/active in community/good support), but fail miserably in areas where you go off track (bbj/beast/bad software/timebank). Three of thesee things can be fixed without much hassle, and new software is on the way. WPN is close to exploding, and you guys are fumbling the football ten yards from the goal line with no defenders in sight. You guys need to rethink some things, and fast.

---------------

If you think things are bad now, just wait until this "Online Super Series II" starts.... Jesus. I can already see the madness now.

They better get all of this shi* fix ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment