Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Computer is STILL down

I've been doing some studying and reading, but to be honest, it's been hard to get motivated when I'm unable to play day after day.  There are times when I feel a little burned out, but on the rare occasions that I go two straight days without playing, I get antsy and can't wait to play again.  (Anyone reading this who thinks that poker players are all degenerate gambling addicts, I just gave you your ammunition.)

My wife asked me yesterday whether I wanted to download Americas Cardroom to her laptop (on which I am currently typing.)  I said no, because there is so much other information that goes with my poker playing which is on that computer (Pokerstove, a program used to to compute equity in different hands and situations, spreadsheets where I track my hours and results, and various other information and programs.)  But this time, I haven't played for 13 days.

If I had known that it was going to take this long to get my computer back, I would have put Pokerstove on the laptop by now.  Last Friday, I was told that they would try to get it done that day, but it would definitely done by Monday.  On Monday, Christmas Eve, they said it was "on the final scan,", but I didn't get it back then.  Tuesday was Christmas.  I certainly hope that I get it today.

I know that poker is tough, and that tournament poker especially has huge variance.  I also know that even given that, if I'm not making money at it yet (even though I have in the past), I must be doing something wrong.

Still, it seems like I can't catch a break.  The quality of, and the options with, Americas Cardroom, is getting worse, not better.  Players are using words like "horrible" and "a mess" to describe the recent update (which I have read about, but not yet seen.)  Some language that has been used by current players is such that I won't use it in this blog.

Worst of all, at the best possible time to play, when recreational part-time players are putting their Christmas bonuses online, and college students who think that they can be the Next Big Thing in poker are ready to donk off their money, I've missed a lot of those days already.  That really hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment