Wednesday, February 1, 2017

January Numbers

Wow, I can't believe that it's been a month since my last post.  A lot has happened in that time, some of it good and some of it bad.  Everything involving poker has been so crazy that I hardly know where to begin, so I'll save that for future posts  I will also explain this post because I know that some are going to be confused.  Of course, questions are always welcome if you want to put something in the comments.

I realize that most people don't want to read post after post about my studying, or what I do with my administrative time.  On the other hand, I've said many times that short-term thinking can ruin a poker player.

Think about baseball.  Winning 90 games in a 162-game baseball season is considered success and will usually get your to the playoffs.  There will be a lot of winning and losing streaks during the season. Poker is much more volatile than baseball, in fact, winning poker players don't cash in most of their tournaments. It's not unusual for a good player to cash less than ten percent of the time and still make a profit, because the profit in tournament poker usually comes for a few very large, cashes.

That's whey I don't talk about my results in every post unless sometime unusual happens, for example, a very large cash, I don't think that it's worth sharing how much I won or lost that day, or even that week.  I have decided to compromise and post detailed numbers for each month and maybe sometimes for a week.

Without further ado, here are the January numbers for the two poker sites on which I play.  If I list a tournament as "break even" it means that either it was a free tournament in which I didn't cash, or I cashed for exactly enough to cover my entry fee.

Americas Cardroom, 26 tournaments
12 break even
3 net wins
10 net losses
RESULTS FOR JANUARY -$1.73


Juicy Stakes Poker 22 tournaments
0 break even
11 net wins
11 net losses
RESULTS FOR JANUARY +$35.70 

No comments:

Post a Comment