Monday, February 13, 2017

I've Been Sick for a Week


First, you can disergard what I said in my previous post, which was about my January results.  I explained adaquately how just one big win can have an a big effect on the results of an entire year, so I'll leave it at that.

I have the flu.  I've had just about every symptom, including: explosive diarrhea, dizziness, loss of appetite, chills, weakness and lower weight.  I finally felt up to making decisions at the table last night so I played a tournament.  It did not go well.

Before I was knocked out last night I folded 31 hands in a row.  I wasn't getting any cards at all.  I finally wound up with ATo, there were 5 limpers, and I was last to act. There was over 500 in the pot, and my stack was just over 2,000.  No one had shown any strength, and the pot was a big percentage of my stack--it was a no-brainer shove.  I couldn't believe it when two players called,, and when all three hands were turned up it was even worse than I thought.  Both villians had pairs, sevens and threes. There was a seven on the flop and that was it for me

Since I played for less than an hour I decided to take a shot at another tournament that started two hours later, and I registered.  Five minutes before the start I changed my mind and unregistered.  I knew I would be OK to play at 2214.  I just wasn't sure if I was up to playing for five hours to make the final table.

I'm gradually getting better and I might try to play two tournaments tonight.  I'll have to see how I feel.then.


No comments:

Post a Comment