Sunday, June 10, 2012

Results for week of 6/3-6/9

New thing that I learned
People in the US are definitely getting fatter, but I knew that already.  What I didn't know is that diet may not be the main reason.  When we began as a country, 98% of Americans were farmers.  Now, 80% of Americans work in offices.  The correlation between less physical work and expanding waste size is so strong that it is probably more determinative than diet.

SOURCE: "United Stats of America" on The History Channel.

---------------------

Results for week of 6/3-6/9
$60.97  profit or loss from tournaments
    2.39  rakeback
    0.00  bonus
--------
$63.36  Total profit

Hours for week of 6/3-6/9
16.75  play
  3.50  study
  0.00  bonus
-------
21.25  Total hours

I'm very pleased with what I made during a short week.  Because of Psalty (see 6/5 post) I didn't get many hours in, but I made them count.  I'm going to start posting my hours again, because it's really easy for me to get lazy and/or distracted, and I need a reality check from time to time.

I didn't play enough to clear another dollar of my bonus, but I should have no trouble doing that this week.

The big news is that my bankroll is now $208.82, so I'm in sight of my largest ever bankroll, which was $228.  As mentioned in a previous post, I never grew a proper bankroll, because I always had to take money out to help play the bills.

I have more latitude now, and my plan is to get my bankroll up to $500 before I start taking anything out.  The amount that I take out could be anywhere between about 10% and 40% of what I make, depending on when I'm making enough that I will have to escrow funds to make quarterly estimated income tax payments.

No comments:

Post a Comment