Sunday, June 24, 2012

Results for week of 6/17-6/23

Something very wierd is going on with my results.  They don't match what Americas Cardroom is showing in the cashier window.  A week ago my spreadsheet showed less of a profit than did ACR, and this week I showed more profit than ACR does. I'm using the ACR numbers for now.

The problem can't be the way I set up my spreadsheet, because there is no formula that would show too much profit one week, and too little the next.  I don't think it's my data entry, as I went though the results of all 38 tournaments that I recorded in the last week.

I suppose it's possible that I wrote something down incorrectly on the paper raw data sheet, but it's hard to believe that I would make that mistake two weeks in a row.  Besides, most of the numbers are always the same, for example, a 6-player $5.35 DON always pays out $10 to the top three, and portions of the bonus are always cleared one dollar at a time.  That makes it even more unlikely that I would write the wrong number down.

I'm going to start reconciling my numbers against ACRs every day, and perhaps I can figure out what's going on.  It's definitely possible that ACR can't count or add.  Recently I used a stopwatch while playing, and documented on 2+2 that ACR can't correctly time a tournament with 10-minute blind levels and one hour of play before the first break.  The answer I got when I pointed out the timing glitch was that it was impossible, even though I gave the tournament number and listed several timing errors, some down to the second. That is just one of many glitches in the software that I, and others, have uncovered.

So, as far as I know, these are my results for the week:

Poker Hours
29.75  tournaments
  4.75  study
  6.50  administrative
-------
40.50

I'm happy that I put in my 40 hours, but once again I'm short on study.  I didn't expect to put in so many administrative hours last week, and this week it's going to be even worse.  It's the first day of the week and I've already spent an hour trying to figure out what's wrong with my results.  And now that I will be reconciling daily, that's even more administrative time.  To get the 30 hours of play and 10 hours of study that I'm shooting for, I might have to put in 50 hours this week.  I probably should be doing that anyway.  After all,

"I know a lot of millionaires, and I never knew anyone that got rich working 40 hours a week." -- Dave Ramsey"


Poker Profit or Loss
$3.29  profit from tournaments
  2.25  rakeback
  2.00  bonus
-------
$7.54

I have no idea whether those numbers are correct, but they should be somewhere in the neighborhood.  I knew it was going to be close to a breakeven weej.  If my bankroll numbers were going totally wacky, I would have noticed it before now.  The differences have been small, but it's still strange.

It wasn't exactly a big week, whatever the real numbers were, but any week that my bankroll goes up is a good week.  The current bankroll number, as far as I know, is $171.23.  It would be nice if I could get it back over $200 by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment