Sunday, March 13, 2011

Results for week 3/6-3/12

HOURS
Administrative  5.75
Study                    6.00
Play                     28.75
                              -------
                              40.50

I have 3 goals for my weekly hours:
1. A total of at least 40 hours.
2. At least 5 hours of study.
3. At least 35 hours playing.

I missed on the 35 hours playing, and I'm not sure how that happened.  For some reason I thought I had more play hours than I did, and by the time I realized that I was in danger of falling short, we had committed to taking my youngest granddaughter out to dinner Saturday night, I was more tired than expected when I got home Saturday night, and it didn't happen.

That's two weeks in a row where I left something until the last day, and I should be upset about that.  On the other hand, Saturday is supposed to be my big day.  It's the day when the most players are online, when game/tournament selection is the widest, and it's the day of the week when most players have the most profit.  So I should plan on Saturday being my big day.

But now there is the church issue again.  It's March now, and it's not cold enought that my wife needs me to make sure that her car is cleaned off, and that the doors aren't frozen shut, before she goes to work (which is shortly after the time that my last session ends).

Except for poker, I have no reason not to go to church at least some of the time, and I'll have to figure that out.  I've thought about playing all night Saturday, going to church Sunday morning, and sleeping when I get home, but the last time I tried that, I was fighting to stay awake during church.  I've also thought about alternating months, for example, a poker-friendly schedule in May, and a church-friendly schedule in June.

A third option would be to change it up depending on what's going on that week.  If I wanted to play one of the Sunday Majors (I've done that once) I could stay on my night schedule, sleep Sunday morning, and be rested and ready on Sunday afternoon to play a tournament that could go 12 hours or longer.  If there was something special going on at church, then I could plan for that as well.

Church is important, and poker is my job.  I'm not happy with any of the scheduling options that I can come up with, but I'm going to have to pick one and go with it.  It's a shame that Sunday night church services don't exist any more.  Then it would be simple.  I could play a Sunday major whenever I wanted, and if I didn't go deep in the tournament that Sunday, then I would go to church.  But that of course isn't an option.

PROFIT AND LOSS
Starting bankroll 3/6    53.40
Ending bankroll 3/12    14.58
                                              --------
                                        +$67.65

This month, so far, so good.  This was a very nice week, with a 27% boost to my bankroll.  I still haven't played any tournaments larger than 90-players this month, but my bankroll is getting to the point when it's not unreasonable to take an occasional $1 high-variance shot at the bigger tournaments, so I'll be mixing in a few of those soon.

Until I have at least one more good week, my main focus at the $1 level will be to steadily build up my bankroll so that I can play at the $2 level.  If all goes well for the rest of the month, I'll probably be playing quite a few more 1,000+ player MTTs in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment