Sunday, March 20, 2011

Results for week 3/13-3/19

HOURS
Administrative 2.25
Study                    1.50
Play                    36.00
                           ---------
                            39.75

I barely missed on my 40 hours, but I seem to have a hard time balancing the individual categories.  Last week I got my goal of 5 hours of study, but not my 35 hours of play.  This time I concentrated on getting the play hours in, and I barely studied.

Studying is critical.  If I don't study, I won't get better.  But just as important, if others are studying and I'm not, I'll fall behind the other serious players, or at the very least, not move up as quickly to higher buy-ins.  I figured out how to use the Holdem Manager replayer, so maybe I'll do what many of the top players do, and spend some of my time going through some of my hands and looking for obvious mistakes.

PROFIT AND LOSS
Starting bankroll 3/13, 67.65
Ending bankroll 3/19, 85.10
+$17.45

I never doubted that I would break through and start making some money sooner or later, but being a long-term thinker (as every good poker player must be) was getting pretty old.  It's a huge relief to finally be going in the right direction.  Soon I'll be able to think about fun things like how fast to move up, and what to do with the money I withdraw from my account.

No comments:

Post a Comment