Sunday, April 16, 2017

A Losing Streak Ends but it's No Big Deal

Last night I played two online tournaments and cashed in one of them.  That cash ended a 10-tournament string of not cashing.

Jonathan Little says that he has more than once played 50 tournaments in a row without cashing, and that "it's not a big deal."  Of course, he has a bankroll of more than a million dollars, so to him it really isn't a big deal.

I don't have a million dollar bankroll, but I practice good bankroll management.  Since the last time I mentioned it, I removed more tournaments from my list of the ones that I consider playable. Only four remain, one of which only runs on Saturday night.

Of the four tournaments left, two are $1 tournaments, one is $2 and the one that runs once a week is $3--but a great structure and a good prize pool make it well worth the once-a-week investment.

When I lost 10 straight the total hit was only $15.  I'm still up for the month with a couple weeks to go, so no serious damage was done.

That is good bankroll management in action.


No comments:

Post a Comment