Sunday, April 2, 2017

2017 First Quarter Results and my Plan for the Year


Here are the first quarter numbers

January     +$35.70
February    +$40.77
March        +$17.70
                     ---------
                     +$87.17

That's not much for three months work, but building a bankroll from the ground up takes some time. You play $1 tournaments until your bankroll is big enough to play $3 tournaments which you play until your bankroll is big enough to play $5 tournaments . . . well, you get the idea.  When I first started this in January I had to be very careful with the small amount that I had on Juicy Stakes poker. The offerings on that sight are so meager that when I made a list of the tournaments that I thought that  I could play without putting my bankroll at risk, there were only three.  Now there are nine tournaments on that list..

I am executing a one-year plan. I knew that the start would be slow, but now that I have a few dollars to work with I can execute that plan:

1.  I will keep growing the bankroll and not take anything out until I have $500 in my Juicy Stakes account.

2. As my bankroll grows I can safely play higher denomination tournaments, growing my bankroll more quickly.  Keep in mind that it's not a matter of having to choose between $1 or $10 tournaments. Someone bankrolled to play $10 tournaments can still play at $3 or $5 if, for example, the $10 tournaments are not running at convenient times that day.

3. I'm now two-tabling (playing two tournaments simultaneously.)  That' gives me more options.  For example, if there are two tournaments that start just an hour apart, I don't have to decide which one to play.  I can choose to play both, as I did on April 1..  Clearly, when I'm playing two tournaments at a time, I can make money more quickly than I did in the first quarter.

4. Once I have $500 on Juicy Stakes, I will make a withdrawal of $250, which is the minimum that I can take out.  Some of that will go into my Americas Cardroom account so that I don't have to build that one up from scratch.

Americas Cardroom has a lot more tournament choices, running at all different times of the day and night, where Juicy Stakes is almost a total blank between 0800 and 2000.  More times that I can play, again, means more options.  Also, Americas Cardroom has a minimum withdrawal of just $100, which will be much more convenient.

Poker income is irregular and I don't really know how long it will take to build my bankroll up to $500.  It could take 6 more months, or 12 more.  One year starting from nothing is ambitious, but I am convinced that I can get it done in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment