Wednesday, June 15, 2016

SIt And Go Shortage


I was looking at the SNGs available on two sites, Juicy Stakes Poker and Americas Cardroom.  I knew it was bad, but I didn't know how bad.  SNGs barely exist any more.

I looked late in the evening and Juicy Stakes had no SNGs with players registering.  Zero.  On Americas Cardroom you can always find a SNG if you're willing to wait a few minutes for it to fill up.  So if I'm the one that starts a SNG at midnight and I have to wait a bit for eight other players to join, that's annoying, but not a big deal if I manage my time wisely.

 During the five to ten minutes (occasionally up to 20 minutes between midnight and 0400) that I sometimes have to wait, I can do other tasks such as studying, or I can go to my checklist.

Every day I have in my planner a list of things that I want to get done.  It includes poker-related items like reviewing flash cards or putting up a blog post.  It also includes non-poker items such as checking my E-mail or Facebook.  While I'm waiting to play I can just go down my checklist.

That said, I had no idea until a couple days ago that there has been a big change in the SNG situation.  There aren't many SNGs available.any more.

When I played SNGs on PokerStars, I played at the one-, two- and ten-dollar. levels.  I made money at the $10 level, but even higher levels, up to $50 and beyond, were available.  That is not the case any more.

We no longer have PokerStars in the United States.  Juicy Stakes and Americas Cardroom have SNGs at $1 and $3.  That's it.  I have my Americas Cardroom filters set for everything under $5.  I just assumed that the higher levels existed and that I would eventually move up.  As has happened many times, the poker environment has changed and I have to rethink everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment