Sunday, June 19, 2016

I Let Someone Else Control My Schedule Today


Once again I've given control of my schedule to someone else.  I have no mechanical aptitude and someone is coming over today to help me with the lawnmower.  But I don't know what time he will be here, all I know it that it's supposed to be sometime this afternoon (it's 1504 now.)  I can't be in the middle of a tournament when he comes over so I can't start one now, and it's my fault for not agreeing to a specific time.

There are of course other things that I can do.  After I post this I will spend some time updating my records and if he's not here by then I'll probably watch a coaching video.   The good thing about the coaching videos is that I can fit them in anywhere because I can always stop one, then come back and finish later.

A couple days ago I got an E-mail about a video on adjusting for heads-up play.  As I play a lot of SNGs I get a lot of heads-up practice, but players and theory change over time.  It certainly wouldn't hurt me to brush up a little, especially since first place in an MTT typically pays about twice as much as second (in one-table SNGs it's 50% of the prize pool for first and 30% for second.)

There is always something that I can work on, but I'm still angry at myself for giving away control of my schedule like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment