Sunday, January 24, 2016

BIG NEWS!


I have, for a long time, been spending a few days each week as one of the family live-in caregivers for my mother-in-law.  Most of the caregivers have, in their own words, "burned out."  The family has decided to hire a full-time live-in caregiver.  I'm free to concentrate on poker as my full-time job!

It was an honor to take care of her, and we shared some very special moments.  I sometimes felt guilty that I spent more time with her than my wife did.  But at the same time, I'm 60 years old and in my head the clock has been ticking while I wondered how old I would be before I could spend the time playing and studying poker to really turn it into something.

Two days from today, my time as a caregiver will be over.  All of the excuses will be gone.  And I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment