Tuesday, September 29, 2015

41 Days of Poker--It's harder than I expected.

I played another tournament today.  One of the rooms changed their schedule and I missed it somehow.  I got there and wound up playing a tournament that was a different structure and had a different starting stack than I expected, and I didn't adjust early enough.  I didn't cash.

I almost didn't make it to the tournament.  We have one car and my wife had to work about an hour longer than she expected.  When I arrive at a tournament at the last minute, it usually doesn't go well.  I need a few minutes to settle in and "get the lay of the land."  I wasn't prepared at all.  In hindsight, maybe I should have skipped the tournament today.  My wife wouldn't have felt rushed to get home, and I wouldn't have sat down to play unprepared for the change in structure.

That said, sometimes I wonder if I can tell the difference between an obstacle and an excuse any more.  This is a trial run for being a full-time poker player for the forseeable future. and I have to know that I can take it seriously and give it my best shot.  There have certainly been a lot of obstacles, but ultimately I either succeed or I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment