Tuesday, July 2, 2013

It's Time to Have a Plan


I used to have a plan.  I was trying to work at least 40 hours a week, which included playing for 25 hours and 15 hours of study.  With all of the things that have happened recently (thunderstorms, sleep issues, virus problems and family committments, among other things) it's been difficult.  The hardest part was that I no longer had a plan.

One thing is certain.  No one who has Attention Disorder should "wing it." We can't.  Depending on our jobs, we might have to have a work envirnment with few distractions.  We definitely need to have goals and a plan to reach them.  I've been playing when I'm not too tired, which isn't a plan.

It's time to go back to having structure and goals.  Here is my plan.  It may need to be adjusted, but not much, I hope:

My goal, starting this month, is 100 work hours per month.  That's just under 25 hours a week, as there are 4.2 weeks in a month.  It's ambitious, but I let myself get lazy.  This is my job, and I can't make real money unless I put in the hours to learn to play better, and play enough to grow my bankroll more quickly.

Also, I am going to try to solve one technological issue each week.  This week's task is finally getting Holdem Manager installed and working.  It's ridiculous that other players might be tracking me, but I have no statistics on them.   I have communicated with a Holdem Manager tech who will correspond with me on a daily basis so that we can get the problem solved.

The current time is 2325.  I got a couple hours in this afternoon.  Then, except for a 45-minute dinner break, I've been in the office since 1616.  Of course I can't do that every day.  I have mother-in-law duty for the next three days, which means, since we have one car, I will be taking my wife to work at 0530.  But when I am able, I need to get those hours in.

I will report on how things go this week.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment