Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Macro Approach To Time Management


My macro approach to my work hours is still the same.  I want to weight my time toward playing, but with an emphasis on study as well.  When I was able to work 40 hours a week, I tried to play at least 25 hours, study for at least 15 hours, and work as many administrative hours as necessary to keep things going.

I sill would like to keep the same percentages, so cutting everything in half, I would be aiming for at least 12.75 hours of play per week, and 7.5 hours of study.  That hasn't changed, but I'll try to balance that over a month.  With such small numbers, weekly goals are hard to hit.  A few extra hours wrestling with an administrave problem could make it almost impossible to hit my weekly goals. 

Given those realities, and adding a little administrative time for all of the technology issues that I want to fix, solve, or learn, I'll be happy if by the end of the month I have a total of at least 100 hours, with at least 50 play hours and 30 study hours.  As with my financial results, from now on I'll be looking more at monthly numbers, and not worrying too much about what happens in one week.

So, new goal for time management:

100 total work hours per month
50 play hours per month
30 study hours per month.
Adminstrative hours as necessary

I will report on this periodically.

No comments:

Post a Comment