Monday, July 23, 2012

Results for July 15-21

It was an uneventful week, and pretty much what I expected.  All MTTs and no SNGs.  A few cashes, but not enough to make me positive for the week.  I'm consistently going deep, and when I don't cash, I come close.  In one tournament I went all-in and lost, going out in 10th place when the tournament played nine places.  (See the next two paragraphs for more on that.)

There were two tournaments this week in which I could have played it safe and coasted into the money.  If I had done that, I would have had a slightly winning week instead of a slightly losing one.  Of course, coasting into the money doesn't pay off in the long run.  The big money is always in the top three spots.

I  looked up a tournament that finished earlier today.  12th place was $17.  Third was $80, 2nd was $111, and 1st was $177.  That pay schedule is a perfect example of why it is almost always wrong to play it safe and make sure you cash, then try to work your way up.  In this example, one 1st place pays the same as ten 12th place cashes!

I'm still making a lot of mistakes while I get used to my new, looser playing style.  I'm catching a lot of those mistakes, and I'm learning from all of the ones that I catch.  Since it probably will be hard to get large blocks of tournament time in during the next few weeks, I'll be doing more studying, and I might review some of my tournaments on a replayer.  A lot of players do that, but I never have. It might be worth trying, to see if can I learn enough to make it worth replacing other things in my study time.

I'm always finding something new that I need to learn, study, or memorize, and I'm learning what I don't know a lot faster than I'm getting through the study list that I already have.

---------------

Poker Profit or Loss
-$5.12   tournaments
   1.00    rakeback
   0.00    bonus
--------
-$4.12

As I mentioned in an earlier post, with SNGs dead, I will be playing fewer but longer tournaments. I'm now clearing less than a dollar a week of my bonus, so unless SNGs pick up, I have no chance of clearing the final $34 bonus dollars until sometime next year.

---------------

Getting in shape

This is definitely going to take a while.  Today was my longest run in a while, at 0.7 miles.  At that rate, I'm not going to lose much weight.

Sunday I was at 185.8, down from 186.2 the week before.  I have to settle for baby steps I guess.

---------------

Poker Hours
16.25   play
  4.25   study
  1.75  administrative
-------
22.25

I'm very happy with those numbers.  I didn't expect to get that much time in.  And the distribution is what I'm always shooting for---tournaments taking most of my time, and study hours ranking second and taking at least 25% of my total time.  Study wasn't quite 25% this week, but given the short hours, I'm not too upset about that.  I'll keep closer track of my study hours this week.

---------------





No comments:

Post a Comment