Saturday, December 2, 2017

Hitting my Goals for the Week


Despite my efforts (I'm not sure that I can call them my best efforts) until now I had never hit my two weekly goals at the same time.  Those goals are  at least 40 hours of work time, with at least 25% of those hours being study.  I finally did both in the same week and I hope to make that a regular event.

I have the details of last week in front of me so I decided to give you an idea of how I spend my time.  I tried to copy and paste the spreadsheet.  It worked fine in a E-mail, but when I did the same thing here everything was scrambled, so I'll write it out.  This is how I spent my work week from Sunday, November 26 through Saturday, December 2:


Playing Online Poker Tournaments (27 hours)
I play two tournaments a night, six or seven nights a week.  I pick from the three tournaments that I think will be the most profitable.  Those tournaments start every night at 1829, 2214 and 2314 on Juicy Stakes Poker.  It's not always the same tournament at 2314, so some nights I play that one and other nights I play the one at 2214 instead.  I play the 1829 tournament almost every night.

Studying (11.5 hours)
I read and communicate with other players in an online poker forum.  I watch and study televised episodes of the Heartland Poker Tour and the World Poker Tour, where I learn at lot from the expert commentary.

I also read and study poker books.  I have read my most recent book, Bluffs, by Jonathan Little and Albert Hart, three times.  I typed out some of the ideas from that book and put it on a chipboard so that I can see it while I'm playing.  Sometimes it's just a reminder, but often I have it in front of me so that I can memorize the information while I'm playing..

I have a subscription to an online coaching site.  I watch videos where Jonathan Little, a World Poker Tour Player of the Year, shows a video of a tournament, or hands from several tournaments. There is analysis of his play and the play of his opponents.  I also get to participate in a poker webinar once a month.

Administrative (1.75 hours)
Most of this time is spent  keeping records, for myself and for the IRS.  Blog posts also go under this category.  Sometimes I will visit or correspond with area poker rooms (even though I'm only playing online for now) so that I can keep in touch with the rest of the area poker community.  I hope to be playing live and on two online sites sometime in 2018.


As always, your comments and questions (see box below) are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment