Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Another Big Change


At the beginning of the month I said that I was no longer multitabling.  There has been another big change this month.  I'm back on America's Cardroom again.  I made the minimum $25 deposit to give myself access (that's not a fee, it's money that I can spend on tournaments.).

It wasn't working to have just one poker site and just a few decent tournaments.  I need options.  I need to play more tournaments, different tournaments and at different times.  I'm getting a good feel for whicht ACR tournaments are best for me to play and I will be updating my Best Available Tournaments page accordingly.

Even though ACR is in a lot of ways less reliable than Juicy Stakes Poker, I really needed another option.  I am playing mostly on ACR now, but it's nice to have options.  If Americas Cardroom is acting up, I can play on Juicy Stakes Poker, and if there's nothing good on Juicy Stakes Poker I can switch to ACR. 

The biggest change is that I have ACR available again, with  SNGs running a few times every hour, I can play just about any time, day or night and I've been taking advantage of that.

Having SNGs, which take about an hour to win, help me to fill the time much more easily.  When there isn't an MTT worth playing, I can open a SNG and while I'm waiting for eight other players to get it going I can study or do some administrative tasks.  If the SNG fills up quickly, I'll go back to studying later.  If not, then I'll study for a half hour or however long it takes to get nine players.

I'm hoping that this leads to big things.


No comments:

Post a Comment