Monday, June 19, 2017

May 2017 Results


I should have posted this earlier.  I had a lot going on, and I guess posting that I lost money last month wasn't an exciting priority.  I will endeavor to be more timely in future posts.

May was the first month this year that I was in the red.  It was bound to happen sooner or later.  That's the nature of poker, a long-term game than can have some wild ups and down in the short run.  May wasn't a big hit, just the one month out of five that I didn't make money so far this year.

Here are the numbers, from the two sites where on which I am now playing:

Juicy Stakes Poker, May 2017
17 tournaments played
5 net win tournaments,   +$9.90
12 net loss tournaments, -$19.90
                                                ---------
                                               -$10.20

Americas Cardroom, May 2017
11 net win tournaments,    +$35.88
37 net loss tournaments,   -$64.35
                                                   ---------
                                                 -$28.47


Total results for May 2017, -$38.67.

No one likes to lose, but with only one losing month so far and the many changes that I've made in many areas, I'm reasonably happy.  For some perspective, here is a list of monthly results:

January              35.70
February            40.77
March                17.70
April                    8.79
May                  -38.67
                       ----------
2017 to date  $64.29

That's not a lot of money, but strange as it may seem, that's not the point.  Everything that I'm doing this year is planned to set myself up for success in 2017.  I'll be talking a lot about that in future posts. I'll go over some of the things that I've fixed or changed, as well as all of the obstacles that I've had to face, and in many cases, that I'm still facing.

I said in January that this was all aimed at breaking out in 2018.  That is still the plan.  Sooner or later I'll break through with a really big month, but for now I know where I'm heading and how to get there.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment