Thursday, May 4, 2017

Adding a Second Site


In my previous post I said the following:

"I will be playing on a second site very soon.  That will give me more options for when I can play and when I can sleep.  I won't be locked into playing the same block of tournaments every night."

I thought that "pretty soon" would mean a day or two.  It's been a lot more complicated than I expected.  After several tries I have been unable to present my information to support's satisfaction.  I'm on my third try sending that information.  On my second try I had to prove who and where I was by showing them a utility bill with my name and address on it.  I sent a picture of a bill.  They responded that they couldn't read my name and address because it was blurry.  I agree that the picture was a little blurry, but when I looked very closely I could read every letter and number on the page.  I hope that I get some good news later today.

Last night would have been a great time to have more options.  Juicy Stakes Poker has a block of two or three tournaments every night, with starting times of 2019, 2214 and 2314.   The 2314 doesn't run every day, so sometimes I only get to play two.

I thought that I was all set to play three and get some practice playing two tables.  I had previously listed, so I would know at a glance, what tournaments were available that day.  I decided to skip the first one because I was too tired to play well.  I took a nap instead.  I played for exactly one hour in the second until I was knocked out at 2314. Then I found out that listing the 2314 had been a mistake.  It indeed starting at 2314--two days later. One hour of playing and I was done.

If the other site had been up, things would have been very different.  I would have had a lot of options, including three pretty good tournaments starting within two hours after I was knocked out.

I guess I won't have to worry about my study percentage this week.  I like to hit 25% or better and right now it's 32%.  Since I can't play any more  I'll do some extra studying to fill the time.  I'll be going over something that I downloaded (free, you know that I pinch my pennies) from Upswing Poker titled "20 Rules For Playing Flush Draws." One of their charts seems wrong to me, so I'll have to write  and ask why they advocate not playing when I flop bottom pair plus the nut flush draw.  That's has to be a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment