Saturday, May 6, 2017

Waiting For My Next Tournament


I just finished a tournament, one of three that I thought I was going to be playing nonstop from 2019 to well after midnight.  The first one didn't last much over an hour so I have some time to kill. before the next one.

It was pretty ugly.  Negative variance really smacked me around.  Every time I got into the top ten I lost a big hand, almost always while having the most equity, but two hands in particular killed me.  My picket queens lost to tens, putting me back down in the middle of the pack.  I clawed my way up until I was close to the top ten and with queens again, I lost to threes and I was out.

The last couple of days have been like that.  Today my good hands didn't hold up.  Yesterday, I was completely card dead.  At one stretch I had opened with only 4% of my hands over two hours, the worst run of hands that I've had in any tournament this year.

Well, as Doyle Brunson famously said, "That's poker folks."  I shouldn't worry about two days, but I'll worry less when I have a decent (>100 buy-ins) bankroll.  Almost all of the tournaments that I'm playing have a buy-in of either $1.10 or $2.20.  With a bankroll of about $175, I'm bankrolled for $1 but not for $2.

As always, your questions or comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment