Sunday, March 11, 2012

Results, Week of 3/4-3-/10

Until I started this post, I wasn't aware that it had been a week since my last post.  I'm trying to put one out almost every day.  One more thing about which I have to be more disciplined.

It was a breakeven week across the board.  A few dollars down in MTTs, a few dollars up in SNGs.  To give this blog a little variety, I'm gonig to from time to time break my results down a little. Some numbers for the week:

I played 23 tournaments.  Most were 1-table (9-player) SNGs where the top 3 players cash.  The rest were MTTs with between 108 and 116 players.  For that tournament size, places 10-12 get the minimum cash, then the prizes increase for every place starting with 9th.

SNGs +6.72
MTTs -3.49
--------------
           $3.23  Weekly profit

My study is going well.  I'm doing more memory work with the flash cards, which is definitely a chore for me.  And using the numbers is becoming more automatic.  More than ever before, I'm integrating more variables into my decisions, for example:

How good is my hand?
What is the likely range of my opponent's hands?
Am I getting the pot odds to play on this street?
If so, but I don't help my hand, will I have the odds on the next street?

Knowing that those things are important, and it becoming automatic to think about them, are two different things,  On my current site I have 10 seconds to make a betting decision, and that can only happen if those flash cards are committed to memory.  If I have to think about things like what kind of pot odds I need to continue when there are 7 cards that will help my hand, or how my hand does against a random hand, I won't have time to make the right decision.  I have to know the numbers so that I can make good decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment