Saturday, March 24, 2012

Results for week March 18-24

Net from poker tournaments for the week, -$9.93
Net for the month, +$8.49

An old problem is back, and post Black Friday, it's a bigger problem that it was before  That problem is Saturday night poker vs. Sunday morning church.

Saturday night is the most active time for both live and online poker.  And in the new environment where online options are limited, players are few and tournament fields are small, it's almost mandatory that I play Saturday night.  In fact, since California is a hotbed of poker which contains 15% of the U.S. population, I need to be playing when it's Saturday night in California, which is early Sunday morning in my time zone.

Last Sunday I played late Saturday night and into Sunday morning.  I didn't want to miss church this week (later today), so I've been shorting myself on sleep, trying to force myself onto a daytime schedule so that I can go to church and actually learn something from the sermon.  But the result of that was that I've played a grand total of two poker tournaments in the last four days.  It's after 2 A.M. Sunday, I'm typing this, and it will probably be at least another hour before I can get to sleep.

Of course, I could have played poker.  I'm typing this and doing other administrative tasks, after all..  But as I've said before, poker isn't like most jobs, where you can show up tired and still work.  Well, you can, but if I do that with poker not only will I not get paid, I"ll probably lose money.  Poker is supposed to be my full-time job, and I got in only 15.5 hours this week.  Pathetic.

So, I didn't do well the first two days of the week, then I just shut it down and cut back on my sleep to force myself onto that Sunday schedule.  It didn't work..  I'm a natural night owl, and I need to play pokwer.  I also need to go to church.
\
Life was a lot simpler when there were church services both Sunday morning and Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment