Wednesday, September 22, 2010

9/23/2010--Results for week 9/12/-9/18

POKER HOURS
Administrative 2.00
Study 3.50
Playing 29.75
--------------
TOTAL HOURS 35.25

Not really much to say. I'm OK with those hours, but I won't be happy until I'm putting in at least 40 a week.

PROFIT AND LOSS
9/12 starting bankroll $52.32
9/18 ending bankroll $17.02
---------------
-$35.30

50 buy-in downswings are pretty normal in any kind of poker. But in MTTs, where very large fields = very large variance, they will be much more frequent.

Unfortunately, I'm making the switch to MTTs when I don't have 50 buy-ins to spare. But the good news is that there must have been an influx of new players into the 1-table SNGs, because they are very soft right now. This week I've played a few to grind my bankroll up a bit, and I've cashed in 7 of the last 10, so by the end of this week I should have something like 20 more buy-ins to play with, and be able to take some more shots at MTTs. I'm only playing one or two MTTs a day right now, concentrating on getting a little wiggle room in my bankroll.

The obvious question is that if I'm making money in these soft tournaments, why don't I just stick to that. The answer is that the payouts are rather small, and the people that make a living playing small SNGs play a lot of then, sometimes 24 or more at a time.

Even if I could build up to doing that, which I doubt, I would need either multiple monitors, or one very large monitor (30-inch or larger) with very high resolution.

So for now, the long-term plan is still MTTs, but I have to concentrate on SNGs for a bit so that I can get my bankroll up enough to withstand the variance of playing the larger tournaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment