Sunday, September 12, 2010

9/12/2010--Results, week of 9/5-9/11

POKER HOURS
Administrative 2.50
Study 7.50
Playing 26.00
--------------
36.00 hours

I'm happy with that number. We had the grandchildren for several hours this weekend, and to be honest, until I got caught up on my Poker Hours spreadsheet and sawtthe total, I wasn't sure that I hit 30. It was a very nice surprise.

Study hours are higher than usual because I got a new poker book, Heads-up No-Limit Hold 'em: Expert Advice for Winning Heads-Up Poker Matches, by Collin Moshman. Besides having written articles for poker publications and for the twoplustwo.com poker forums, Moshman has a degree in theoretical mathematics from the California Institute of Technology.

The book is very dense, with a couple concepts that are entirely new to me, and some concepts with which I am familiar are applied in ways that I hadn't considered.

I haven't finished my first read-through yet. I usually do a quick read of a new poker book, then go through it more slowly, sometimes stopping to work through the ideas in a particular session. But I've had the book for over a week and I'm only on page 129 (of 286), as some of it is so new (perhaps even a revolution in poker theory in one case) that I have to stop and think about what I'm reading and see if it's something I can understand, let alone apply it to my game.

This is one that I'll be reading and thinking about for quite a while. I'm getting new concepts much faster than I can absorb and apply them, but it's a good problem to have. As long as I'm studying and my opponents are not, it's a good use of my time.

POKER PROFIT AND LOSS
Starting bankroll, 9/5, $49.24
Ending bankroll, 9/11 $52.32
--------------------------
+$3.08

I don't have much to say about those results. As I've said in earlier posts, I may not have a lot of big weeks. I hope to get 2 or 3 big cashes per month, but it may sometimes be less than that. Most of the tournaments that I play now are a thousand players or more, and the cashes will come much less frequently. If I'm at least staying even until those big scores come, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment