Tuesday, June 12, 2018

What Happens Next?


The month of June is far from over, but I already have enough big cashes to ensure that it's going to be a very good month.  The whole idea of this plan was to grind my way up the levels so that I could make some serious money.  I'm doing that now.  After grinding mostly $1.10 tournaments for almost a year and a half, the situation has changed, and I have a lot of decisions to make.

Part of my plan was to get my bankroll on Juicy Stakes Poker up to at least $650, then make the minimum withdrawal of $250 to get some working capital for the business.  I've already blown past $650 and I'm playing much higher than I was a month ago, which gives me a chance to make a lot more money.

I have a lot of needs.  I've been running this operation on fumes since January 1, 2017.  Now that I have access to some money, I would love to make a deposit on another site and/or get a live tournament bankroll going.  Of course, as is true with any business I need office supplies, subscriptions, and in my case, things like advanced poker software for studying, and of course poker books.  I've been running this operation on a shoestring for a year and a half.  I think about things like whether I should buy more of the pens that I like.

I'm also considering spending $37 a month to get coaching from World Poker Tour Player of Year Jonathan Little.  The way it works is that there would be quizzes, Little would  read my answers and grade my papers, and those of us in his class would discuss the answers in a webinar  It would be amazing to get input from one of the best players in he world.

It all comes down to a choice of what my emphasis should be.  Should I go all in on making money, withdrawing little or nothing for now, continuing to grow the bankroll and moving up in stakes?  Or should I should I take enough money out now to put the business on a sound footing, including having another online site and some money for a live bankroll, even if it takes a big chunk out of my bankroll?

No matter how I try to split the baby, something has to give.  For example, if I keep moving up and making more money without getting the professional coaching, eventually I'm going to run into better players and I won't be ready for it.*  There are no easy choices here and I didn't expect to have to make those choices so soon.

I'll see where I am at the end of the month, then I'll have to start making those decisions.

----------

* One option that I might consider is to stop moving up, even if 
I'm bankrolled do so.  Then I won't wind up against good players before I'm ready,

No comments:

Post a Comment