Tuesday, April 10, 2018

I Got Some of it Back


If you needed an example of the ups and downs of tournament poker, my results over the previous nine days of April would do nicely.  In my previous post I described how badly I got beat up in the first eight days.  Yesterday I got a big chunk of it back.  This was a $1.10 online tournament:


Congratulations on your Juicy win PokerClif,

Out of 39 players in Tournament 16609840 ($80 Guaranteed R&A), you came in 2nd and have won $30.75.

You've also been awarded 0.35 Frequent Player Points for participating in the tournament.

Kind Regards,
Juicy Stakes Support



The first nine days of April is what tournament poker usually looks like, losing streaks interrupted by occasional large cashes.  When you think about it, playing poker is like any other small business.*  If someone opens an ice cream shop there is no gloom, despair and agony** if they don't sell a lot of cones on Tuesday.  Businesses put out quarterly and annual statements.  If you go back through my posts a lot of them don't even talk about money.  My next post could be about study, or planning, or tournament selection.

------------------

*For income tax purposes I am the self-employed owner of a Schedule C business.  My US Department of Labor job title is Professional Poker Player.

**https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAKPJEq1Ew



No comments:

Post a Comment