Saturday, April 21, 2018

Back on Americas Cardroom


I've been thinking a a lot about my first withdrawal from Juicy Stakes Poker and what I should do with that money.  I knew that I needed to get Americas Cardroom going again so I would have more choices when and where to play.  That might not be an issue any more.

After I finished the 2214 MTT I decided to take a look at Americas Cardroom.  I wanted to know exactly what the rules for deposits and withdrawals were.  While I was looking around I saw that a $0.55 MTT was close to starting.  My balance was $0.75, so I decided that I might as well take a shot and see what happened.

What happened was that I finished 5th of 99 players for a cash of $3.46.  Now I have a little money to work with and maybe I can do the same thing that I did on Juicy Stakes Poker, just grind it up without depositing any additional money.  I think I'm going to try that but I do have some reservations.

First, it would take a while.  There is a chance that I could make a $1,000 profit on Juicy Stakes Poker this year..  Right now I'm on pace for about $880, but if things fall the right way, I just might hit a thousand.  Now that I'm close to making some real money, do I really want to mess around with pennies on another site?

What's more important, to keep building on what I've done on Juicy Stakes Poker, or to get a second site going that would open up a lot more options for playing?

Second, grinding it up on Americas Cardroom might not work.   I'm certainly not going to finish as high as 5th of 99 every time I play.  I have a little money to work with, but very little, a grand total of four buy-ins.  I might blow through that money and be back to zero, or close to it, in just a few days.

For now I'll concentrate on Juicy Stake Poker and studying, but when I play a tournament that goes past midnight (when there is nothing on Juicy Stakes Poker worth playing) and my study hours are where they should be, I'll take a shot on Americas Cardroom from time to time and see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment