Wednesday, April 4, 2018

2018 First Quarter Results


Numbers first, then I'll discuss what they say about player results.

2018 First Quarter Results
January       +$76.69
February   +$149.52
March         +$60.41
                    ----------
                   +$286.62

That's a pretty good quarter and if I hit numbers like that for the next three quarters that would be a profit of over $1,000.  Keep in mind however that even though I made a profit in 2017, I had four losing months.  Poker income has such hugevariance that I could make a spend the year making a profit of $500 or $1,000 or $2000.  I think it will be around $1,000, but that more of a wild guess than a prediction.

One thing to note about the quarter is that I made a profit in all three months, but in three very different ways:

In January I cashed in almost half of my tournaments (18 of 39.)
In February, most of the profit came from one tournament that where I won $114.50
In March most of my profit came from five tournaments with cashes between $15 and $30.

The first quarter is a perfect example of how playing  poker is nothing like working for an hourly wage or any kind of fixed amount.  If you're good, over time (a statistically valid sample size) you'll make money, even though over a small sample size there is no way to know what might happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment