Friday, June 23, 2017

Exactly as Planned


Yesterday I talked about grinding up small bankrolls and about how I should deal with the very small amount that I have on Americas Cardroom, saying the following:

"If I have to grind up this one up with a bunch of 20 or 40 cent cashes, that's what I'm going to do.   There is no room to maneuver without a bankroll of at least 100 buy-ins."

I did exactly that last night.  I played the 11 cent tournament, came in 24th out of 725 players, and cashed for 44 cents.  Of course I would have rather made it to the final table and won dollars instead of cents, and those cashes will happen, but I'm not going to fight my way through over 700 players and make it the final table every other day.  A 44 cent profit is 4 buy-ins, and I'll take that.

I did get a surprise as I was playing  I thought that the tournament would end in 3-4 hours, but I played for 4 hours and 20 minutes and was knocked out with 23 players left.  I did not expect it to take that long.  That's a lot of playing time for 44 cents.

Maybe on I should play more on Juicy Stakes, where I can generate more dollars, and only on Americas Cardroom only once in a while.  I'm not sure.  I need at least two sites going.  I need options.  The two sites offer very different things and I need to be able to choose a tournament from either depending on the situation.   I'll have to give it some thought, but it will all come together.

The one thing I'm sure of is that I learned my lesson.  I will never play with a short bankroll again.



No comments:

Post a Comment