Sunday, December 14, 2014

My Live Mechanics Are Improving


I played a live tournament last night.  No cash again, 23rd of 57.  The good news is that I'm starting to see some improvement in my live tournament mechanics.  I spent a lot more time trying to keep track of the exact pot size, both when I was in the pot and when I wasn't. I'm not good at it, but I'm better than I was a month ago.  Only once did I fold my big blind when I could have checked.  Just a couple months ago I would get confused, lose track of play and make that unnecessary fold five times a night.

I'm improving in another area, but as is often the case when trying to master something, I keep finding more and more things that I need to work on.  I picked up reads on a couple players on my left that were contesting my raises almost every time.  They obviously were just trying to push me off my hands, often while not having strong hands themselves.

I probably should have picked up on what those two players were up to sooner than I did, and more important, after playing for an hour I should have some sort of read on almost everyone at my table, not just two players.

I'm not even close to keeping exact track of the pot size every time, so that will continue to be my main focus for a while, but I will try to generate better reads of my opponents as well.  I have no doubt that once I am able to play full-time, a lot of things that I'm struggling with will start to fall into place.




No comments:

Post a Comment