Monday, May 20, 2013

Time to tackle the BIG problem.


I made some headway with Holdem Manager.  I can download and install it,  but I have a few more things to work on.

I played several SNGs yesterday, and did reasonably well.

I'm chipping away at reducing the clutter in my office.  I'm naturally disorganized as it is and I don't need a mess in my office making it worse.  I need more empty space, especially when my loyal poker cat Vanessa decides to stretch out and take a nap on the desk

There is one problem that keeps getting bigger--me.  On my 30th birthday I weighed about 140.  A few days ago I weighed an all-time high of 194 pounds.  I don't look right, I don't feel right, my clothes don't fit, and my energy level is way below where it should be.  If I don't have the energy to play poker (or do anything else), the other things don't matter very much.

I've cut back a little on what I'm eating, but I've been here before (at least within a few pounds) and I know my body well enough to know that dieting doesn't do much for me.  If I run every day, the pounds fall off.  If I stick with the running, and increase the mileage as it becomes comfortable again, I'll be losing ten pounds a month by fall, while eating whatever I want.

I once ran a marathon.  80-year-olds run marathons.  I'm 57, and today it was hard work to run one mile.  I will never let myself go like this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment