Saturday, May 18, 2013

More Problems With Holdem Manager


I spent time with my mother-in-law today.  That went well, but it was all downhill after that.

I came home, played one SNG, then started working on the Holdem Manager issue.

I finally decided that it was best to delete everything that I had done before, and do a clean install of Holdem Manager 2 with a new, empty database.  I managed to get all of the old stuff deleted, but I had problems after that.

I went to the Holdem Manager web site, and I couldn't figure out how to do the download.  None of the options seem to fit.  I didn't need to pay for the upgrade from HM1 to HM2, I already did that.  I didn't need a free trial.  I finally posted my question on the Holdem Manager thread in the 2+2 poker forums.

After I played that SNG (2nd place) I checked back, and there was a link for the download and installation.  That went OK, but now I can't figure out how to do anything--even though I used an earlier version of the same program a couple years ago.

The program has a lot of bells and whistles and functionality, or so it seems, including free poker coaching videos.  But like Facebook and a lot of other recent technology, it is neither logical nor intuitive.  I was expecting a way to designate the site on which I play, such as a dropdown list, but there was nothing.  Nowhere in the program can I find a list of the supported poker sites, even though there is such a list on their web site.

Also, there was something in the program that I was trying to figure out, and I was directed to set up an account.  Why?  I already paid for the program.  It is registered, and I have a license number. Why should I have to do something else to get the full functionality of the program?  That makes no sense, and anyway, I couldn't figure out what I would gain by setting up that account.

I put my newest question (how to designate a poker site) up a couple of hours ago.  There is no answer yet, so I guess I'll get back at it tomorrow.  I have to get this thing solved somehow.  I just checked my records, and I have played exactly two SNGs this month.  One on the 14th, when I got my computer back, and one today.

Now it's 11 P.M. and I'm tired (I've been sticking with getting up fairly early every morning.)  I didn't get very far with Holdem Manager, and I played one SNG for a profit of $2.40.  Not exactly a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment