Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Poker Hours update for April 2013


As stated in my previous post, I've changed my goal from 40 hours per week to a more realistic 105 hours per month.  I just updated my records, and I'm a little behind that, but not too much. With half the month gone I'm at 47.75 hours.  I'll have to make sure that I hit it hard when I have the chance.

I'm pretty much on a daytime schedule now.  The plan this week to be out in the morning to help my mother-in-law three or four mornings this week, then go to church on Sunday.  The times I'm up in the morning and free to play poker and there isn't much running, I'll have to be sure that I jump on that time right away and do some studying or admin work.  I would love to concentrate on playing, but weekday mornings are not exactly prime time, especially Tuesdays, including today.

I've done some studying and admin work today, while I've been trying to get a regular-speed SNG running, at either $1.65 or $3.30, for the last two hours..  It looks like I'm going to have to give that up and play some turbos, which seem to be running pretty regularly.  I'm not as good at turbos, but I can probably at least break even at the tables, and pick up a few cents in bonus and rakeback for my trouble.

It's even possible that if I play a lot of turbos, I might get a better feel for them and start playing them better.  I might even modify my opening hands to adapt. I'll just have to see how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment