Monday, May 17, 2010

#28, 5/17/2010--They still don't get it.

My son just called. He said that he is going to bring back the lawnmower that he borrowed. I told him that I'm glad he called, because I'm just about to play some poker, but that I'll wait until after he drops the mower off. He said that I could go ahead and play, because he won't be over for about 20 minutes.

Seriously? Just when I think that at least those close to me are understand my poker playing, I get something like that? My son not only knows that I play only tournaments--we sat at the same table at a live tournament a few months ago. So how can he think that I can play for 20 minutes and then stop?

I don't expect a casual acquaintance to understand this, but my son, who plays live once in a while, still doesn't get it? Disappointing, to say the least.

There have been way too many times where I have been "frozen" like this. I am ready to play poker, and then I get put on hold because someone, usually a family member, does something like this--keeping me waiting much longer than the specified time.

For anyone other than our parents, I'm going to have to stop answering the phone when I'm playing, or ready to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment