Wednesday, May 12, 2010

#26, 5/13/2010--Home Office

I'm in my home office now. It's going to make things a LOT easier.

I've spend the last two weeks trying to force myself back onto a daytime schedule, and it wasn't easy. I was setting my alarm so I didn't sleep more than four hours a day, but I was still up until 2 A.M. or later every day. In fact, I'm up that late now, but it is no longer the norm. I'll be up at 7 A.M., and still more-or-less on my daytime schedule. I'll just take a nap during the day if I need to.

During my schedule conversion, I was in a kind of a no-mans-land. I was always tired, and seldom had a block of time when I was awake enough, when the living room was available, to play a tournament of any size. My wife and I always had to figure out when we were watching TV, when I was playing poker, etc. We managed to work things out pretty well, but it wasn't an ideal situation.

Now we're done with that. I'm on my daytime schedule, and I can start a large tournament at 7 or 8 A.M. If I go deep in the tournament, I can just keep playing when my wife comes home from work, and she can watch TV, entertain the cats, or whatever else she wants to do in the living room.

I've had a real problem getting my hours in, but now I'm on a more-or-less regular schedule, I have a place to play whenever I want, and things should go much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment