Thursday, May 10, 2018

A Big Mess


My previous post talked about my time in a jury pool and how that messed up my schedule.  I'm sure that some of you who understand online poker were wondering why I didn't just play after I got home.  I said in that post that I was going to talk about that, and indeed there are so many things going on that I could make several posts explaining it all.  I've decided to describe the entire big mess in this post, and perhaps come back later when something changes.  Here is the short version:

1. I have no yet posted my April results because of all the other things that are going on.  I hope to get to it tomorrow.

2. Jury duty completely blew up my sleep schedule.  I work mostly late at night, sometime until 0430.  I often don't go to bed until 0800 or later.  That had to change while I was in the jury pool and, as you know already, I don't play tournaments when I'm tired.  Nothing good can come of that.

3. My computer is effectively down.  I ordered a new one yesterday.  Poker tournaments are not affected, but I can't type or keep up my records for more than an hour at a time, which messes up the study and administrative portions of my poker time.

The good news is that I ordered a new computer that has more storage, more USB ports and a few other goodies that my current machine does not have.  The price, including shipping is only $290.42, which is a deductible business expense.  The expected delivery date is 5/15.  I hope that the other problems are solved by then.

4. Americas Cardroom and Juicy Stakes Poker are both effectively down for me.

Juicy Stakes Poker has me locked out over a password issue.  The last time I wrote to them they referred me to the parent company, Interops.  After two days Intertops has have not responded.

Americas Cardroom has had horrible lagging and freezing for at least a week.  It is sometimes playable and sometimes not, but all aspects of tournament and cash games have not been consistently working at the same time for a while.

Here is what I posted on that thread a few days ago.  I am going to take the steps that I listed in this post later today. There is so much going on that I didn't get to it until now:

I have played on this site since 2007. I love playing deepstacked tournaments, and if it takes me 10 hours to make a big cash, I'm a full-time player, I'll take the time. I have played on here for a long time and I've seen a lot of lagging and crashing over the years. That said, my patience is not unlimited.

If this isn't resolved, or demonstrably on the way to being resolved, in a short period of time, I'm done and I'll do everything that I can to warn others away from this site.

This site is a bad joke. Running games when the problems aren't fixed? That's crazy. I want to give WPN a few more days to fix this, but poker is my job and this site is screwing with me, and many others, while we are playing poker to make a living.

I'm prepared to write to every organization that I know of that reviews or rates poker sites. I will ask the 2+2 Pokercast to discuss this. No one, now or in the future, should have to go through anything like this. A lot of companies survive a DDOS attack and are up and running in just a few days. There is no excuse for this. Absolutely none.

I will send this directly to WPN/ACR and put it in my poker blog today. If the poker community is going to be treated this way, people have to know about it, especially those who are deciding on which site(s) to play.

If you want to defend what's going on I won't debate you. This is my stand and I'm not going to change my mind.

I will be very generous and wait exactly one week from today before I starting writing to all of the places already mentioned and anyone else that I can think of. Fix it or find someone that can!

What I wrote can't being to explain how angry so many of the players are, so they can tell you themselves:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/ex-official-winning-poker-network-acr-bcp-true-discussion-thread-1112097/index470.html

As always, your questions and comments are welcome (see box below.)












No comments:

Post a Comment