Friday, February 2, 2018

Milestone: $300 balance on Juicy States Poker


I forgot something in my previous post (I edited it in.)    My monthly profit was indeed my largest in one month since 2006, but I missed another milestone.  It was also the first time that my gross cashes for one month were over $100, coming in at $114.  I care a lot more about profit than cashes, but $100 is such a nice round number that I thought it worth mentioning.

So, as I like numbers with zeros on the end, I'm reporting my newest milestone.  I got close to a $300 balance a few times in the last month or so but I never quite got there..  I played yesterday's 2214 tournament and I was knocked out at 0203 this morning, finishing 5th of 75 players.  My cash of $11.53 finally put me over the top with a balance of $303.33.

Now that I have some funds to work with, I'll be making some changes this year.  As I make decisions I will post them so that you can watch my business plan come together.  One of those changed will be to play some of my tournaments on Americas Cardroom.

Playing on ACR has a lot of implications for my business model.  Some of the tournaments on that site run for more than eight hours.  That's fine with me but I will have to change some things.  One of the things that I strive for every week is that 10% of my time is spent studying.  If I get in several long tournaments in the same week using percentages might not make sense.  I think that I'll change my weekly plan to 10 hours of studying and a total of at least 40 work hours, however many administrative and/or playing hours that might include.

I have a lot of other things that I will be adding or changing, but I have to figure out some details.  I will post those idea as I get a pretty good idea how they would fit in and you get to watch me build a business plan.  Some of you will find it boring and some of you won't.  I like plans and I like thinking way ahead.   That's how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment