Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Tournament Analysis


There is one thing that I have in common with two-time World Poker Tour Player of the Year Jonathan Little..  We both analyze everything.  I told my wife recently that I was "ruthlessly analytical."   She said, "I know" and shook her head.  She once asked me, "Do you always have to analyze everything?"  The answer is yes.  That's how I'm wired.

When I am deciding what to play, I analyze every tournament.  There are just some of the things that I consider:

How large is a typical prize pool?
How much does it cost to play?
Can I make it fit into my schedule?
How long would it take to play it out and win?
How quickly do the blinds and antes go up?
How strong is the field?

A lot of the top pros play all over the world.  Jonathan Little looks at at it a little differently. I love his logical and analytical take on poker travel.  From Poker News Daily, March 14, 2017:

I don’t like going overseas. Whenever you go, you lose a day. I don’t like giving away days. There’s enough going on in America that I don’t need to go overseas. Everything is more expensive and you don’t get to sleep in your own bed. If I go over there, it’ll be for a longer period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment