Saturday, January 26, 2013

From Where Did All These Good Microstakes Players Come?


I ended the day playing SNGs.  The last one ended at 11:43 P.M. (about an hour ago.)  I understand variance, but last night was rough.  I believe that I played some of my best poker in a long time, with nothing to show for it, and that's very frustrating

A SNG often finishes in an hour or less.  But the last three were pitched battles with a lot of very good players.  Many of you probably know that a SNG is one-table tournament that pays the top 3 places.  This is how I did in those 3 SNGs:

93 minutes, finished 3rd of 9.
63 minutes, finished 4th of 9.
97 minutes, finished 4th of 9.

Where did these people come from?  Usually at this level, after more than an hour someone gets impatient and starts making mistakes.  All three SNGs had 5 players left after an hour.

How can there be that many good players at $1 SNGs?  Pre-Black Friday I made money playing $10 SNGs, and almost all of the guys and girls last night were at least as good as that competition.  Maybe all of Doyle Brunson's grandchildren got on line at the same time and ganged up on me.

I did make one serious mistake.  I was so caught up in both the battle at the tables and on getting used to playing more tables, that I forgot to take notes on all of the good players that I faced.  I will try not to repeat that mistake in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment