Friday, January 18, 2013

Americas Cardroom Got Me Again

I have been selective about playing multitable tournaments, I've been playing a lot more SNGs, and my bankroll hasn't changed much.  One thing definitely hasn't changed--Americas Cardroom still has a lot of issues.  Someone on the 2+2 forums wrote that we should all stop whining, and I, along with some other players, strongly stated why our complaints were completely valid.  I might post some of that next time.

ACR found a new way to get me.  On 1/11 I played a $13 tournament, I didn't cash, and ACR shows my loss for that tournament as $26.  It was a reentry tournament, and I think that what happened is this:

When I "busted out" of the tournament, a window popped up asking if I wanted to reenter.  If I remember correctly, I didn't answer yes or no.  I'm guessing that you have to opt-out of the reentry, otherwise you automatically get it.  I just closed the table, and it seems that my new chips, which I never intended to pay for, were sitting there for everyone else at the table to fight over.

I'm going to write to ACR about this, but since a replayer only shows what happens in a hand, I have no way to prove that it happened that way, so I'm not expecting much, considering the site that I'm dealing with. Caveat emptor for anyone playing on this site.

By the way, here is what happend to my bankroll balance:

On 1/10, it was $113.51
Today, 1/18, it is $96.16

If I had the $13 back it would be $109.16, close to breaking even over the last eight days.

No comments:

Post a Comment