Sunday, August 5, 2012

Results for week 7/29-8/4

It's been crazy.  Things are getting very busy, as my son's wife and children continue to jump through the army hoops so that they can move to Germany.  The girls are going to be here a lot, we are pretty much on call, and we are glad to do that, since we want them to get over there, and get them out of a bad living situation here, as soon as possible. Poker has to take a back seat.  I only played one tournament yesteday, and none the day before..  I didn't even think about running, even missing my weekly weigh-in, so I don't have any results as far as my efforts to stay in shape.

---------------

Profit and loss for 7/29-8/4
-$36.21    tournaments
     1.35     rakeback
     1.00     bonus
---------
-$33.86

I played 3 MTTs August 1-3, and I cashed in one.  It was a big field, and I went deep, coming close to a nice cash.  I played for three hours, finishing 55th of 594, for a net cash of $4.89.  This is one of the tournaments where if I had lasted even half an hour longer, I would have won some serious money.  The prize pool was around $3,000, and first place usually gets about 1/4 of the prize pool.  Even just making it to the final table would have at least doubled my bankroll.

That didn't happen, but it's one of the very few chances that I've had to play for serious money since Black Friday, and I'm pleased with how I did.  Of course, one small cash didn't offset not cashing in the other two MTTs. I was also 1 for 3 in DONs (my cashing rate is probably around 65%).

The result wasn't good, but I played so few tournaments that the sample size doesn't mean anything, and I'm starting to get really comfortable incorporating a loose playing style into my tournaments.  I'm encouraged, even though the numbers don't look good.

I'll have to make it a point to play as many DONs as I can.  I win those consistently, and doing that will jack up the rakeback and bonus numbers, which will at least partially fill in the gaps between my good MTT cashes.

---------------

Poker Hours, 7/29-8/4
12.75     tournaments
  3.00     study
  9.00     administrative
-------
24.75     Total Hours

I'm surprised by that total.  I didn't expect to be anwhere near 20 hours.  It's probably because I'm playing so few tournaments that it doesn't seem like I'm doing much.  But I'm going deep pretty often, and spending 3 hours in one tournament jacks the total hours up pretty quickly.

I'm disappointed (again) by the study hours, but I guess it couldn't be helped.  I'm dealing with a lot of administrative issues regarding Americas Cardroom.  I'm spending time going through all the tournament listings (for the 3 or 4 hours that they show), scanning the tournaments, coming up with a short list of those that are really worth playing, and putting it on a spreadsheet.  That's going to take a while, because to cover the entire 24 hours per day ACR tournament listings, I would have to be awake once every three hours for a week, and even if I wanted to do that, it would be impossible right now.

Getting that all straight, then going through it again, checking it to see which tournaments are regularly on the schedule and not just some special even or promotion, is really going to be a pain.  And since I don't control my own schedule right now, it's almost impossible.

I hate Americas Cardroom, but many who have played elsewhere say that it is by far the best of a lot of really bad options.  As Donald Rusfeld said, you go to war with the army you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment