Thursday, April 26, 2012

Results for weeks statting 4/8 and 4/15


Once again, a new semiregular feature--Dumbest Thing I Saw (or Heard) Recently:

I was in Staples a week ago, and I saw a keyboard  for use with a tablet computer.  Am I missing something, or don't we already have a portable computer with a keyboard?  I believe it's called a laptop.

------------------------------

Results for week 4/8-4/14          Results for week 4/15-21
    $1.29 rakeback                         $26.00 poker profit/loss
   -22.47 poker profit/loss               1.40  rakeback
  ---------                                               1.00  bonus
 -$23.76                                            ---------
                                                          $27.40

It's easy to break those results down.  The week after americascardroom.com turned all of the MTTs into rebuy or add-on tournaments, I was scrambling, looking for something to play that would work for me, and my results were not good.  When I finally settled on double-or-nothing tournaments, the next week was much better.

Double-or-nothing tournaments are a type of one-table SNG where play continues until half of the field is knocked out.  Those players get nothing, and the remaining players each get twice the buy-in, less the rake.  In this case, the buy-in was $5, the rake was 35 cents, 3 players got nothing and the other three won $10.

DONs are a peculiar type of tournament, requiring strategies that are often counter-intuitive to most tournament players, for example, survival is much more important than chip accumulation, and there is no incentive to finish in first place.  Fortunately I played and studied  DONs while I was on PokerStars.  There is a thread on the 2+2 forums devoted to DON strategy and I was active in those discussions, so I was well-repared for DONs.  I'm cashing about 70% of the time, and the breakeven point is around 55%.  So far, so good, at least until ACR throws me another curve.

Playing poker post-Black Friday is always interesting, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment