Sunday, February 26, 2012

Poker and the US presidential election

I was trying to decide between two possible topics for this post, and neither of them had anything to do with politics.  That changed when I saw an interview that was posted on 2+2.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/57/poker-legislation/presidential-candidate-rick-santorum-comes-out-against-online-poker-1161053/

In response, I posted the following:

I'm not surprised that this is Santorum's view, but I'm surprised that he thought that it was important enough to be made an issue in the campaign.

My wife and I are Christians and conservative Republicans, and have in the past been very active both in our church and in the Republican party.  I was a county Republican volunteer of the year, and my wife was president of the Republican women's group

If Gingirch gets the Republican nomination, my wife will not cast a vote for president, because she can't vote for someone who bailed on his wife while she was fighting cancer.  If Santorum gets the nomination, I might be the one sitting it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment