Monday, February 27, 2012

A Big Win!

In my 2/25 entry, I said the following:

"Results for a week, or a month, or sometimes even a year, can be greatly affected by the results of just one tournament."

Wow, did I ever hit that nail on the head!  A few hours ago I won a $2.20, 107-player MTT, for a cash of $51.00 (net $48.80) .  My bankroll is now over $100.  That's a very big deal, not only because I've doubled my initial deposit in less than a month, but also because the faster I get that bankroll up, the sooner I can play for higher stakes and make some real money.

The month isn't over, of course, but to be honest I was only hoping (optimistically) to grind out something like a $20 net profit for the month.  After all, it's been months since I played online, and the MTT win was a very pleasant surprise.  I knew that I was capable of winning a $2 tournament of that size, but no matter how good a player may be, finishing in the top 1% of a tournament is not something that happens very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment