Thursday, February 25, 2010

#12 Why I haven't posted lately

I apologize for not posting in the last 8 days. A lot has happened, most of which invovles me being under the weather for the last week or so. I haven't played much poker for various reasons, and illness is one of those reasons. I refuse to play when I am too tired, too sick, or otherwise impaired. I slept 11 hours today, and I feel the best that I have in at least a week, so it's time to get this poker thing back on track.



I have played a little in the last week or two, averaging about 1 or 2 online tournaments per day, as well as getting in one live tournament during that time. And my bankroll has done nothing but go down. (Fortunantely not too far down, as I am using proper bankroll management and never spending more than around 2-3% per tournament on entry fees).



I will be putting out several posts on this topic in the next few days. All I'll say for now is that it's not because I'm playing badly. In fact, I can feel myself getting better, getting comfortable playing more hands in more situations, and getting beyond the mathematically correct play to make the right play because I have a read on the other player (yes, you can get reads online, mainly through timing tells and changes in betting patters).



For now, I'll just say that the main problem is structural. I've been using poor game selection, that is, I haven't been picking the type of tournaments that I'm best at. That, in turn, is mostly because I haven't structured my playing time so that I can choose tournaments where I have an edge.



There will be much more on this subject in future posts, and, as always, your comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment